Many people appreciate watermelon juice when it is dripping down their face while eating a watermelon slice at a barbecue, but this juice can also stand alone as a healthy and nutrient-dense addition to your diet.
What is Watermelon Juice?
Watermelon juice, as the name implies, is the juice that is removed from the watermelon fruit – a member of the melon family that bears the scientific name Citrullus lanatus var. lanatus that grows on a creeping vine. This juice is very sweet and can be prepared in a number of different ways, depending on the other ingredients you may add to alter the flavor. Watermelon juice has a number of impressive nutrients and can be an excellent addition to a healthy diet.
Watermelon Juice Nutrition
Watermelon juice has a surprisingly dense nutrient profile; a single cup offers high levels of vitamin C and vitamin A, roughly 30% and 25% of your daily requirement for these nutrients, respectively. The juice also boasts more moderate amounts of potassium, dietary fiber, calcium, iron and 1.5 grams of protein. More importantly, there are only 70 calories in a cup of this juice, but it is also packed with antioxidants and active ingredients, such as lycopene, beta-carotene, amino acids, and flavonoids.
Watermelon Juice Health Benefits
Watermelon juice helps prevent cancer, reduce inflammation, and aid weight loss. Other health benefits of watermelon juice include its ability to beautify the skin, optimize kidney health, improve digestive processes, and boost vision, among others.
This low-calorie and low-fat drink can still fill you up while providing metabolism-boosting compounds and other healthy antioxidants that can increase your fat-burning potential and aid in shedding those excess pounds.
Research has directly linked the active ingredients in watermelon juice to working against inflammatory compounds, called triterpenoids. The beta-carotene and lycopene found in such high levels in this juice are to thank for its effects on arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
Detoxifies the Body
May Help Prevent Cancer
Numerous research studies have been conducted to find the anticancer effects of watermelon. One 2014 study shows that the lycopene content in watermelon is the star nutrient that helps to protect you from DNA damage. It also suggests that lycopene from watermelon as well as watermelon juice has antiproliferative properties, which help in lowering the rate of cancer prevalence.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice - 29/07/2019 07:26
- 6 Surprising Benefits Of Watermelon Juice - 22/07/2019 06:59
- 6 Surprising Benefits Of Grape Juice - 15/07/2019 08:06
- 10 Amazing Basil Seeds Health Benefits - 08/07/2019 06:46
- Top 10 Amazing Benefits Of Strawberry Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - 01/07/2019 07:28
Older news items:
- TOP 10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF CALAMANSI JUICE - 17/06/2019 07:54
- 4 Best Benefits Of Mangosteen Juice - 10/06/2019 07:33
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Papaya Juice - 03/06/2019 07:24
- Rita Beverge at Thaifex exhibition 2019 - 29/05/2019 02:06
- 13 Impressive Kiwi Juice Benefits For Health, Hair & Skin - 27/05/2019 06:25