As far as health benefits are concerned, the seeds are full of fiber and known for many surprising health benefits. These seeds are used in making falooda, sherbet, milkshakes and other popular health drinks. It is known worldwide as one of the ingredients for sweet Asian drinks. However, like Chia seeds, it is comparatively less tasty.
- Basil seeds for weight loss: Sabja seeds can be used for weight management purposes. It is full of fiber that makes your stomach full and don’t feel hunger to a certain period of time. After soaking into water, it has the ability to expand 30 times of its original sides thus reduces longing for eating more.
- Sabja seeds for hair: The seeds contain adequate amount of vitamin K, protein and iron. These nutrients are helpful to make your hair healthy and shining. So, it is suggested to include it in your daily diet requirements to skip embarrassment from hair loss and baldness.
- Basil seeds for healthy skin: The mix of Sabja seeds and coconut oil is effective to ward off many skin related diseases. Method: Take 100 ml of coconut oil and 1tsp of crush basil seeds. Now heat the mixture for 5 minutes. Strain and apply it over your skin to cure skin related problems like psoriasis, eczema, etc.
- Basil seeds for acidity: Acidity problems are very common these days due to faulty lifestyle and wrong dietary pattern. Sabja seeds are having cooling and soothing effects on the stomach. Method: Take milk (1 cup) and basil seeds (1tsp), stir it well and drink the same to reduce burning sensation in your stomach.
- Sabja seeds for diabetes treatment: The seeds are good in curing of diabetes type 2 by lowering down the sugar in blood. Method: Take soaked basil seeds (1tsp), toned milk (1 glass) and vanilla for flavor. It helps to give you energy sans sugar.
- Relieves constipation: The soaked Sabja seeds when eaten helps to cleanse the inner stomach. It ensures easy bowel movement and helps to flush out toxin from the stomach. It is also taken with milk before going to bed to ease constipation.
- Acts as coolant: These seeds are used to lower body heat that’s why as one of the important ingredients in summer for a number of cool drinks such as falooda, rooh afza, nimbu pani and sherbet.
- Nutritional values of basil seeds: The seeds contain many phyto-chemicals and polyphenolic flavonoids like Orientin, vicenin and other antioxidants. The leaves are rich in essential oils like eugenol, citronellol, limonene, citral and terpineol. It contains beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin A and vitamin K. It also contains important minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, folates, and magnesium.
- Sabja Seeds recipes: Rooh afza, milkshake, Indian lemonade, paan gulkand milkshake, strawberry falooda, mango falooda, mango sherbet, rose milk recipe, nimbu panni, Shikanji, nannari sharbat, bel sharbat, etc. are some of the important healthy recipes of it
- Medicinal values: Medicinally, it can be used to treat digestion problems, cure constipation, removes skin infection, respiratory disorder, sore throats and stress relief
Common names of basil seed
The scientific name of Sabja seeds is Ocimum basilicum. The different common names of basil seed are Sabja seeds, Falooda, Arabic falooda seeds, Sabja ginjalu, Thai holy basil, Selashi Tukmaria, Sabja Vethai, Hazbo, Tuk malanga, Basilic cultive, Basilien Kraut, and sweet basil seeds. These seeds are the product of rudra jada plant that comes under Tulsi family but shouldn’t be mistaken with holy basil or Tulsi.
Side-effects of Sabja seeds
The children and elderly people should avoid to take it as the seeds may choke due to improper imbalance of water and seeds. Pregnant mother should skip it as the seeds lower down the level of estrogen.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- 8 Benefits of Coconut Water You Didn't Know About - 27/11/2017 07:20
- Top Amazing Health Benefits of Orange Juice for Glowing Skin - 20/11/2017 07:10
- 5 Surprising Benefits of Passion Fruit - 13/11/2017 02:36
- 10 Best Benefits Of Tomato Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - 06/11/2017 03:36
- Top 5 Health Benefits of Coconut Water - 30/10/2017 03:35